There are a few ways to find updates to research:
- Search in Western OneSearch for the important and unique information to that research. Topic keywords are very important.
- Sometimes updates will have the same researchers attached (sometimes they will not, though...be aware of this).
- Look at the funding organizations and/or institutions involved with the research. Often, older research will be referenced in the updates.
- Use Google Scholar to find the research you want to update. Look at the 'cited by' feature and investigate if any of these papers are updates or mention updates.
- Sometimes, researchers will list their work on a professional website (basically, an electronic vitae or portfolio).
- Sometimes, publishers and databases will indicate that the article has an update and will link you to the update.